Accomplishments in 2013
1. Rescued over 900 homeless cats and placed over 750 cats and kittens into loving homes. 531 cats and kittens were sterilized in-house.
2. Worked with local animal welfare groups to increase adoptions and decrease euthanasia.
3. Community Cat Program:
- Community Food Bank - Distributed over 10,000 lbs. of dry cat food and 7,500 cans of wet cat food feeding on average 70 personal pets and 264 community cats on a monthly basis.
- Loaned traps to individuals and animal welfare organizations to capture injured cats and colony cats for sterilization.
- Grant awarded to spay/neuter 95 community cats and personal pets.
4. Increased foster care volunteers by 45% which increased rescued kittens from 400 to over 500 reducing euthanasia.
5. Continued Cat Depot Emergency Response Team (CDERT) efforts with partner ASPCA, along with Humane Society of the United States and Best Friends Animal Society. CDERT deployed to second largest dog fighting raid in U.S. history.
6. Increased community education and rescue classes, including CPR for pets and humans, cat behavior and communication lectures, and honored veterinarian presentations.