Accomplishments in 2016
1. Rescued 1,532 homeless cats and kittens and placed 1,419 into loving homes.
2. Worked with local animal welfare groups and Sarasota County Animal Services to increase adoptions and decrease euthanasia.
3. Community Cat Program:
- Community Food Bank distributed over 21,200 lbs. of dry food and 10,000 cans of wet food to those supporting feral cats and those who are in need of cat food for their personal pets in Sarasota and Manatee Counties. We helped feed 240 personal pets and over 500 community cats per month.
- Loaned traps to individuals and animal welfare organizations to capture injured cats and colony cats for sterilization.
- Grants awarded to spay/neuter 1,016 community cats and personal pets.
4. Operated a Cat Care Clinic providing low-cost veterinary services to people who are unable to afford traditional veterinary care for their pets.
5. Continued Cat Depot Emergency Response Team (CDERT) efforts with partner American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (ASPCA), along with Humane Society of the United States (HSUS), International Fund for Animal Welfare (IFAW), and Best Friends Animal Society.
6. Rescued cats from local hoarding and animal abuse cases. We provided medical care, food, and love to help the cats heal so they could find loving homes.
7. 529 volunteers contributed over 22,000 hours of their time at Cat Depot, and 165 fosters contributed over 33,000 hours caring for cats in need.
8. Hosted several educational events including a Pet CPR/First Aid Class, two Florida State Animal Response Coalition training classes, and cat behavior classes by local veterinarians.