Accomplishments in 2013
1. Rescued over 900 homeless cats and placed 846 cats and kittens into loving homes. 550 cats and kittens were sterilized in-house.
2. Worked with local animal welfare groups to increase adoptions and decrease euthanasia.
3. Community Cat Program:
- Community Food Bank distributed over 11,600 lbs. of dry food and 8,880 cans of wet food to those supporting feral cats, and those who are in need of wet and dry food for their personal pets in Sarasota and Manatee Counties.
- Loaned traps to individuals and animal welfare organizations to capture injured cats and colony cats for sterilization.
- Grant awarded to spay/neuter 95 community cats and personal pets.
4. Increased foster care volunteers by 45% which increased rescued kittens from 400 to over 500, reducing euthanasia.
5. Continued Cat Depot Emergency Response Team (CDERT) efforts with partner ASPCA, along with Humane Society of the United States and Best Friends Animal Society. CDERT deployed to second largest dog fighting raid in U.S. history.
6. Increased community education and rescue classes, including CPR for pets and humans, cat behavior and communication lectures, and honored veterinarian presentations.