Teen Camp Counselor
Earn 20 hours of community service hours while having fun! Apply today.
We are seeking teens to participate as camp counselors in our summer kid’s camp. No wallflowers here. Teen Camp Counselors must be upbeat, out-going and enthusiastic with good communication skills. Experience with kids and animals a plus but not required. Your positive attitude and winning personality is what counts! You should enjoy working with cats and children.
Camp Sessions run from 1:00 to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.
• June 16 – 20 (8-10 year olds)
• June 23 – 27 (8-10 year olds)
• July 7 – 11 (11-12 year olds)
Primary Teen Camp Counselor Responsibilities:
• Camp Counselors will assist Cat Depot staff and Adult Camp Leaders.
• The majority of your time will be spent working directly the campers. You will assist these children by engaging them in crafts or hands-on shelter activities that will be led by an Adult Camp Leader.
• Other duties may include preparing materials for an activity, cleaning the area after an activity, leading the children in a game or a song during transition times, and other similar tasks as assigned by the Adult Camp Leader.
• Practice safe animal handling and sound judgment.
• Represent and support the mission of Cat Depot.
• Act in a professional and appropriate manner at all times.
Questions? Call Volunteer and Education Director Corey Roscoe at 941-366-2404