Find the purr-fect career
Thank you for your interest in pursuing a career at Cat Depot. Cat Depot is an equal opportunity employer. Career opportunities range from vet techs, cat care givers, adoption coordinators, administration and operations.
Cat Care Giver (full time)
Are you a morning person? Do you have a passion for cleaning and animals? If so, you could be the next valued team member of a fast paced, progressive, limited access, free roaming cat rescue and adoption center. We are currently seeking a positive, passionate, and attentive individual to join Cat Depot’s team.
Primary responsibilities include daily thorough sanitation of all cat areas, laundry, dishes, facility cleaning and mopping of floors and public areas according to Cat Depot policies and procedures. Careful feeding and observation of the cats, including providing special diets as needed, ensuring that each cat receives daily adequate attention, medications, nail trims and weights. The successful candidate for this position with be ability to lift, carry and push up to 50 pounds repeatedly throughout the day, move quickly and efficiently, and work with a variety of cleaning agents.
Willingness to work a flexible schedule including mornings, evenings, weekends and holidays. Help with special events, building maintenance, deliveries of heavy supplies, and emergency cat rescue. Must have a valid driver’s license, good driving record and current vehicle insurance coverage.
No smokers please as we are a non-smoking campus. Benefits include competitive wage, health benefits, and an incredible team who like working together.
Please send resume and cover letter with stable work history to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls or walk-ins please.
Communications Specialist (full time)
Cat Depot, a non-profit, feline rescue, adoption, education, and resource center seeks an experienced and enthusiastic Communications Specialist to provide administrative support in the Communications Department. Position includes website maintenance, daily updates, blog and social media marketing, grant writing and reporting, timely promotion of relevant animal-related information, and some graphic design. Consistent overall branding and communications such as signage, forms, protocols, printing, mailings, and cross-training with positions in the Communications Department, such as backup support for cash management, donor correspondence, and donor database.
Candidate must have experience in website administration and strong social media background skills, oral and written skills including creative writing for newsletters, excellent proofreading skills, and ability to work independently, be proactive, and meet daily deadlines.
Experience with Donor Perfect, Photoshop, photography, and videography a plus.
College degree required. Non-profit experience a plus. Excellent pay, health benefits, and growth potential. Cat Depot is a non-smoking facility.
Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com with subject Communications Specialist.
Cat Depot, is a rescue, adoption, education and resource center in culturally rich, outdoor sports oriented Sarasota, Florida, minutes from sparkling beaches on the Gulf of Mexico, is seeking a highly skilled and knowledgeable Veterinarian to join our dedicated team as Medical Director. We are a cutting-edge forward thinking, team-oriented organization with a respect for leadership.
• Feral, community and public cats are our patients along with emergency walk-ins. Candidate will lead and mentor the veterinary team in best medical practices with respect for budget, continue to develop and maintain protocols, while practicing high quality shelter medicine. Medical Director will work closely with Practice Manager and report to Director of Operations and Medical Services.
• Candidate must have a minimum of five years’ experience, love cats and understand feline behavior.
• Strong technical background, proficient surgery and dentistry skills, knowledge of internal medicine, critical care, disease control, and a high level of professionalism is a must.
• Leadership and management, along with a positive, even keeled demeanor are needed.
• Candidates must handle the fast paced environment of a growing and respected free-roaming shelter and clinic. Weekend hours are required and occasional on-call services may be needed. Cat Depot is open 7 days a week.
• Must be licensed to practice in FL with a current DEA license for controlled substances.
Benefits include a competitive salary, insurance, vacation pay, continuing education, and a friendly, talented team that enjoys what they do!
Email cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line “Veterinarian Application”
Cat Depot, a nonprofit, 501(c)3 no-kill, free-roaming facility, is recognized for its progressive design and commitment to helping homeless, abandoned and injured animals. Cat Depot’s mission is to save lives, find loving homes, and provide the resources and education to improve the destiny of homeless cats. For more information, go to www.catdepot.org.