Find the purr-fect career
Thank you for your interest in pursuing a career at Cat Depot. Cat Depot is an equal opportunity employer. Career opportunities range from vet techs, cat care givers, adoption coordinators, administration and operations.
Cat Depot, a nonprofit, 501(c)3 no-kill, free-roaming facility, is recognized for its progressive design and commitment to helping homeless, abandoned and injured animals. Cat Depot’s mission is to save lives, find loving homes, and provide the resources and education to improve the destiny of homeless cats. For more information, go to www.catdepot.org.
Veterinarian – Medical Director
Cat Depot, a no-kill, limited access rescue, adoption, education and resource center located in culturally rich, outdoor sports oriented Sarasota, Florida, and minutes from sparkling beaches on the Gulf of Mexico, is seeking a highly skilled and knowledgeable Veterinarian to join our dedicated team as Medical Director. With the support of the Practice Manager and Director of Operations, the successful candidate will provide cutting-edge, forward thinking leadership, innovation, and best practices consistent with Best Friends, HSUS, and ASPCA, in our beautifully appointed 11,000+ square foot facility. Our shelter medicine operates as one entity, separate from our full-service affordable care clinic, and both will fall under the guidance of the Medical Director.
- A minimum of five years’ experience, with demonstrated career development.
- A passion for cats with strong understanding of feline behavior and medicine. Affiliation with AAHA, AAFP, HSUS, Best Friends or ASPCA initiatives a plus.
- Strong surgery, dentistry skills, internal medicine, and critical care skills. Knowledge and experience in disease control, preferably in a shelter environment.
- Three to five years peer leadership and/or management experience.
- Interest and ability to participate in occasional rescue work.
- Ability to handle the large volume, fast paced, multi-task environment of a growing and respected free-roaming shelter and clinic.
- Ability to work some weekend hours, occasional on-call services, and willingness to be flexible to the changing needs of the operation.
- Professionalism at all times, including an enthusiastic, positive, even keeled demeanor.
- Must be licensed to practice veterinary medicine in FL with current DEA license.
Benefits include a highly competitive salary, insurance, vacation pay, continuing education, and a friendly, talented team who puts cats first at all times, and loves working together! Email cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org