Find the purr-fect career
Thank you for your interest in pursuing a career at Cat Depot. Cat Depot is an equal opportunity employer. Career opportunities range from vet techs, cat care givers, adoption coordinators, administration and operations.
Cat Care Giver (full time)
Are you a morning person? Do you have a passion for animals? If so, you could be the next valued team member of a fast-paced, progressive, free-roaming cat rescue and adoption center. We seek a positive, passionate, and attentive individual to join Cat Depot's team. Primary responsibilities include daily thorough sanitation of all cat areas, laundry, dishes, facility cleaning and mopping of floors and public areas, all according to Cat Depot policies and procedures. Careful feeding and observation of the cats, including providing special diets as needed, ensuring each cat receives daily adequate attention, medications, nail trims, and weighing.
Must have ability to lift and carry 50 pounds for 100 feet, bend and reach, and work with a variety of cleaning agents. Willingness to work a flexible schedule including mornings, evenings, weekends, and holidays. Help with special events, building maintenance, deliveries of heavy supplies, and emergency cat rescue.
Must have a valid driver's license, good driving record, and current vehicle insurance coverage. No smokers please, as we are a non-smoking facility. Competitive wage and health benefits.
Please send resume and cover letter with stable work history to firstname.lastname@example.org - no phone calls or walk-ins please.
Cat Depot, is a rescue, adoption, education and resource center in culturally rich, outdoor sports oriented Sarasota, Florida, minutes from sparkling beaches on the Gulf of Mexico, is seeking a highly skilled and knowledgeable Veterinarian to join our dedicated team as Medical Director. We are a cutting-edge forward thinking, team-oriented organization with a respect for leadership.
• Feral, community and public cats are our patients along with emergency walk-ins. Candidate will lead and mentor the veterinary team in best medical practices with respect for budget, continue to develop and maintain protocols, while practicing high quality shelter medicine. Medical Director will work closely with Practice Manager and report to Director of Operations and Medical Services.
• Candidate must have a minimum of five years’ experience, love cats and understand feline behavior.
• Strong technical background, proficient surgery and dentistry skills, knowledge of internal medicine, critical care, disease control, and a high level of professionalism is a must.
• Leadership and management, along with a positive, even keeled demeanor are needed.
• Candidates must handle the fast paced environment of a growing and respected free-roaming shelter and clinic. Weekend hours are required and occasional on-call services may be needed. Cat Depot is open 7 days a week.
• Must be licensed to practice in FL with a current DEA license for controlled substances.
Benefits include a competitive salary, insurance, vacation pay, continuing education, and a friendly, talented team that enjoys what they do!
Email cover letter and resume to: email@example.com with subject line “Veterinarian Application”
Fast paced, progressive, no-kill, free roaming cat rescue and adoption center seeks experienced Certified Veterinary Technician or Veterinary Technician with two years' experience for surgery, dentals, intake, ordering, inventory, tracking, and cleaning. Polished and personable candidate needs ability to multitask and assist with foster care program and education. Ability to work with the public and staff is a must.
Candidate should have leadership skills and be a team player. Strong computer and phone skills are needed along with a love for cats, both domestic and feral. We are looking for a positive and innovative individual who wants to make a difference for shelter animals as well as guests in our cat care clinic.
Must have flexible hours and be able to work weekends. Excellent pay, health benefits, and growth potential. Earning potential up to $18.00 per hour, based on experience/skill.
Cat Depot is a non-smoking facility. Please e-mail cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line CVT Application.
Cat Depot, a nonprofit, 501(c)3 no-kill, free-roaming facility, is recognized for its progressive design and commitment to helping homeless, abandoned and injured animals. Cat Depot’s mission is to save lives, find loving homes, and provide the resources and education to improve the destiny of homeless cats. For more information, go to www.catdepot.org.