Helping the Community
Our Community Food Bank distributed over 21,00 lbs. of dry food and over 10,000 cans of wet food in 2016 to those supporting free-roaming cats and those who are in need of food for their personal pets.
Cat Depot provides food for 240 personal pets and over 500 community/free-roaming cats in Sarasota and Manatee Counties on a monthly basis. We are able to accomplish this with the support of our generous donors and volunteers. Our Community Cat Program continues to grow, as does the need for food. Donations are always welcome in the form of dry or wet cat food. We will take open bags of fresh cat food.
Want to help?
• Donate dry or wet cat food - we accept donations 7 days a week during business hours
• Look for sales and high value coupons on cat food, and encourage your neighbors and friends to stock up and donate
• Start a pet food drive at your work, school, neighborhood, or church
• Help us by taking a count of our donations every month
• Assist us on Food Bank Day by helping distribute food
Requirements for Food Bank Recipients
You will need proof of income, verified with one or more of the following items:
• State or federally funded welfare program
• Food Stamps
• Social Security
• SSI Disability
• Pay stubs (to verify income meets guidelines)
• Photo identification
Download the Food Bank Application.
You must agree to the following:
• To spay or neuter every colony cat and personal cat (resources provided)
• Maintain healthy living conditions for your cats
• Provide daily food and water for every cat
2017 Distribution Dates:
- Saturday, January 28
- Saturday, February 25
- Saturday, March 25
- Saturday, April 29
- Saturday, May 27
- Saturday, June 24
- Saturday, July 29
- Saturday, August 26
- Saturday, September 30
- Saturday, October 28
- Saturday, November 25
- Saturday, December 30
Food Distribution: 10:00 a.m. to 1.00 p.m.
Distribution is based on a first come, first serve basis.
Cat Depot cannot guarantee:
• Same food every month
• Supply of food every month
Cat Depot reserves the right to limit or deny service.
Our Commitment to You
We are here to support every cat, including community (free-roaming/feral) cats and personally owned cats. Our goal is to provide essential resources to help you maintain consistent quality care for homeless cats and personal pets.
• Spay and Neuter options
• Adoption opportunities for social cats and kittens
• Open forums with topics specific to colony care givers
• Education and training classes on trapping and colony care
• Loan of humane traps – seven days a week