Helping the Community
The Food Bank opened to the community in September 2011 and has distributed over 15,000 lbs. of dry food and over 6,000 cans of wet food to those supporting feral cats, and those who are in need of wet and dry food for their personal pets.
Cat Depot provides 230 personal pets with food on a monthly basis and assists over 90 registered care givers of community cat colonies in Sarasota and Manatee County. We are able to accomplish this with the support of our generous donors and volunteers. The Community Cat Program continues to grow, as does the need for food. Donations are always welcome in the form of dry or wet cat food. We will take open bags of fresh cat food.
Want to help and don’t know how?
• Look for sales and high value coupons on cat food, and encourage your neighbors and friends to stock up and donate
• Start a pet food drive at your work, school, neighborhood, or church
• Help us by taking a count of our donations every month
• Assist us on Food Bank Day by helping distribute around 900 lbs of food
Basic Requirements to Receive Food
You will need proof of income, verified with one or more of the following items:
• State or federally funded welfare program
• Food Stamps
• Social Security
• SSI Disability
• Pay stubs (to verify income meets guidelines)
• Photo identification
Download the Food Bank Application.
You must agree to the following:
• To spay or neuter every colony cat and personal cat (resources provided)
• Maintain healthy living conditions for your cats
• Provide daily food and water for every cat
Distribution Dates: The Last Saturday of every month
Check In: 11:45 a.m.
Food Distribution: 12:00 p.m.
Distribution is based on a first come, first serve basis.
Cat Depot cannot guarantee:
• Same food every month
• Supply of food every month
Cat Depot reserves the right to limit or deny service.
Our Commitment to You
We are here to support every cat, including community (feral) cats and personal cats. Our goal is to provide essential resources to help you maintain consistent quality care for homeless cats and personal pets.
• Spay and Neuter options
• Adoption opportunities for social cats and kittens
• Open forums with topics specific to colony care givers
• Education and training classes on trapping and colony care
• Loan of humane traps – seven days a week